468x60

When all else fails, DIY!

A few weeks ago I was shopping around for jewelry for my bridesmaids. I knew I wanted to provide it for them but wasn't sure what I wanted. Finally, I ended up finding a beaded necklace that I liked a lot but it was like $40, without earrings! (It was really somewhere around $35-$45, I can't remember exactly.) When I looked at it closer I realized I could totally make it! There was no way I was spending that much on something that I had the proper skills to create myself.

I ended up finding the perfect beads at a local craft store for just under $6 per strand, I bought 6 strands (I did discover that I needed 1 more). When I finished the necklaces I found I even had enough for 5 sets of earrings. So in the end I will have spent under $50 for 5 necklaces and 5 pairs of earrings that are completely unique, when I could have spent around $300 for something similar in a store.

My sister(maid-of-honor)'s necklace is double stranded and the rest of my maids get a single strand. No 2 are alike! Each necklace and each pair of earrings are different and they match my dresses PERFECT! I can't wait to see them on!


I love when I find time (and space) for a little DIY project.

2 comments:

  1. said...:

    Lauren these look great! Might I say that I did the same thing for my girls. Except I didn't go as far as earrings, just the necklace. You go girl.

  1. Lauren said...:

    Thanks Katy! The snow storms freed up a lot of my time!