468x60

Owl Always Love You

A few years back I found this owl tea set in a catalog I received in the mail, perhaps from Anthropologie? I wasn't usually into things like this but for some reason I loved it. My husband (boyfriend at the time) searched high and low for this set as a Christmas gift because the store had sold out of them. He finally ordered them from someone over seas and ended up with a much larger set and paying half the original price. So I actually have 4 tea cups, a salt and pepper shaker set, and the matching teapot. I didn't even realize that's what he was getting me.

{I found this image online just to show the original set. Cute right?!?}
A few months ago I found a white mug at Paper-Source that matched perfectly so, of course, I had to have it too! I had never actually seen them anywhere else.

Last month, the hubs and I went to Florida to escape the recent sub-arctic temperatures. While there we discovered a store with lots and lots of these owls (pictured below)! Of course, he saw it first and couldn't wait to show me.

We purchased the 2 circled here. They are black. Our whole house is basically grayscale plus pop colors so of course black was perfect. I need to take a photo of the owl colony that currently resides above our refrigerator. There are enough that I need to find a place for them now.

My husband is so sweet to support my small addiction to collecting random things. My next post about collecting... my disney vinylmation. Yes, I am a dork. :)

0 comments: